Vaporesso XROS 2 Instruction Manual and Guide
The Vaporesso XROS series is one of the world’s most popular ranges of pod systems, and you’re going to find XROS vapes on the shelves at any high-end retailer like Vapor Chasers or another vape shop near you.
As with many inexpensive vaping devices, though, the one area where the Vaporesso XROS tends to suffer a little is in the quality of its instruction manual. The Vaporesso XROS is a perfect pod system to buy if you’re new to vaping – but if you don’t have previous experience with refillable devices, figuring out how to use it could be a little confusing for you.
This article is going to help. This is our Vaporesso XROS instruction manual. Reading it, you’re going to learn how to use the XROS vape and how to fix the most common problems you might experience with the device.
First, though, let’s begin with some basic information. Which Vaporesso XROS device should you buy?
Vaporesso XROS vs. XROS 2: What’s the Difference?
We’ll start with a comparison of the two most popular Vaporesso XROS devices: the XROS and XROS 2. What’s the difference between the two devices – and if you already own the original XROS, should you upgrade to the XROS 2? Here are the things that you need to know about the XROS 2.
- Its battery life is improved in comparison to the original XROS, from 800 to 1,000 mAh.
- Vaporesso has redesigned the pods for the XROS 2 to improve the airflow. However, the redesigned pods are compatible with the original XROS.
- The XROS 2 has a refined design with a more accurate battery meter and a redesigned fire button that helps to prevent accidental presses.
Comparing the Vaporesso XROS vs. XROS 2, our conclusion is that the improvements of the XROS 2 are mainly iterative in nature rather than revolutionary. If you already own the original XROS, there’s little reason to buy the XROS 2 unless your device’s battery no longer holds a strong charge.
What About the Vaporesso XROS Mini and XROS Nano?
Because the XROS line has been very successful for Vaporesso, the company has followed the success of the original device by releasing other XROS devices with slight variations in their designs. The Vaporesso XROS Mini is the first of those two devices. Compared to the XROS 2, the XROS Mini is slightly smaller. While the XROS 2 is 112.2 millimeters long, the length of the XROS Mini is 98.9 mm. However, the XROS Mini omits the manual fire button and has an automatic puff sensor only. Vaporesso also removed the airflow adjustment on the Mini. In our opinion, the Mini also has a more restricted draw.
The Vaporesso XROS Nano is a redesigned version of the XROS that substitutes the vape pen shape of most XROS devices with a new shape that makes the device look like a miniature box mod. Apart from the box-shaped design, the XROS Nano has virtually the same technical capabilities as other XROS devices.
What Vaporesso XROS Pods Are Available?
At the time of writing, there are two Vaporesso XROS pods available. Both pods are compatible with the full range of XROS devices, so you can switch between the devices without worrying that you’ll need to buy entirely new pods.
- 8-ohm XROS pod (red base): Uses a mesh coil for larger, warmer vapor clouds.
- 2-ohm XROS pod (black base): Uses a standard wound coil for cooler vapor clouds and longer battery life.
You should choose your pod based on your needs for flavor and vapor production. If you use the 0.8-ohm pod, though, we recommend starting with a nicotine strength lower than 50 mg/ml. You can switch to a higher strength if necessary, but most people will probably find it unpleasant to use a high-strength e-liquid with a mesh coil.
We’ll continue our Vaporesso XROS instruction manual with some pointers on how to use the device and fix problems with it. These instructions will focus on the XROS 2, but all XROS devices work similarly.
How to Charge the Vaporesso XROS
The Vaporesso XROS has a USB-C charging port and includes the required cable. To charge the device, connect it to your computer. When all four indicator lights are lit solidly, the device is fully charged.
Do not attempt to charge the Vaporesso XROS or any other vaping device with a “quick charging” wall adapter for a mobile device. Charging at too high a rate could cause the battery to overheat. Only use a wall adapter if you are certain that it matches the charging specifications of the device.
How to Fill the Vaporesso XROS Pod
To fill the Vaporesso XROS pod, start by wiggling the pod’s mouthpiece gently until the mouthpiece can be removed from the pod. Under the mouthpiece, you’ll see the pod’s chimney in the center along with the filling hole positioned slightly to the side, which is red. Insert the tip of your e-liquid bottle into the filling hole – not the center chimney – and squeeze the bottle gently until the pod is almost full. There is a recommended fill line on the pod to prevent overfilling.
After filling a new XROS pod for the first time, allow the pod to sit for several minutes before vaping. The pod’s wick needs to be completely saturated with e-liquid, or you could damage the cotton wick, which would produce an unpleasant burnt flavor when you vape.
How to Vape with the Vaporesso XROS
Unless you have a Vaporesso XROS without a manual fire button, you can turn the device on and off by pressing the button five times in succession. You’ll need to power the device on before using it for the first time. After that, you can vape by holding the fire button or by simply puffing on the device. Move the tab on the back of the Vaporesso XROS to adjust the airflow to your specific needs.
How to Replace the Vaporesso XROS Pod
When you’re no longer happy with the flavor of your Vaporesso XROS, it’s time to replace the pod. Lift the old pod out of the device and discard it. If you see condensation on the inside of the device, remove it with a cotton swab before installing a new pod. Fill the new pod according to the instructions above.
How to Fix Problems with the Vaporesso XROS
In this section of our Vaporesso XROS instruction manual, we’ll discuss some of the common problems that you might encounter when using the XROS and explain how to fix them.
Vaporesso XROS Not Charging
When you connect the Vaporesso XROS to a charger, the lights should illuminate to indicate that the battery is charging. If that doesn’t happen, either the device isn’t being charged according to the correct specifications, or the power source isn’t making a good electrical connection with the device.
- Try connecting the XROS to a different wall adapter.
- If the device’s charging port has lint stuck in it, remove the lint with a toothpick.
- If the XROS still isn’t charging, try using a different USB-C cable.
Vaporesso XROS Not Hitting
If your Vaporesso XROS isn’t hitting, the most likely cause is that the device is turned off. We’ll begin with that before proceeding to deeper troubleshooting steps.
- Start by pressing the fire button five times quickly. If the device is turned off, it will not
- If the device still isn’t hitting, make sure that the battery is fully charged. If the battery doesn’t charge, troubleshoot that issue.
- Remove the pod from the device and check for leaked e-liquid. Clean the inside of the device and the bottom of the pod with a cotton swab. We recommend this inspection and clean-up during every pod refill.
- If the XROS still isn’t hitting, replace the pod. It could be that the pod you’re using has a manufacturing fault.
- If none of these steps resolve the issue, it’s possible that your XROS is no longer functional. In that case, it will be necessary to buy a new device unless the device you have is still covered under the original warranty.
Vaporesso XROS Leaking
One of the benefits of the XROS having a top-filling system is that it is less likely to leak from the bottom of the pod. If the device does leak or the coil becomes oversaturated, follow these steps to fix it.
- Remove the pod and check for leaked e-liquid inside the Vaporesso XROS. Remove any e-liquid promptly with a cotton swab.
- Remove and replace the pod’s mouthpiece. Reinstall the mouthpiece carefully to ensure that it isn’t misaligned.
- Puff gently when vaping with the Vaporesso XROS. If you use too much air pressure, you could flood the pod’s coil. That could result in e-liquid leaking through the bottom of the pod or spitting out through the mouthpiece.
- Replace the pod if the leaking issue persists. It could be that the pod you’re using has a manufacturing fault.
Vaporesso XROS Burnt Flavor
Depending on the type of e-liquid you use and how often you’re filling your pod, your Vaporesso XROS pods will last anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks. When the pod develops a burnt flavor, it’s time to replace it. If you find that your XROS pods don’t last long before tasting burnt, follow these steps to troubleshoot the problem.
- Make sure that you always give the pod plenty of time to sit after filling it. If you use a new pod before the wick is completely wet, the wick can burn. That will ruin the pod’s flavor permanently.
- Allow the Vaporesso XROS to sit for a few seconds between puffs, so the wick can saturate with e-liquid.
- Try switching to a less sweet e-liquid. Heavily sweetened e-liquid causes coil gunk, which shortens the life of your XROS pods.
Vaporesso XROS Blinking
If your Vaporesso XROS has an issue that isn’t described elsewhere in this instruction manual, check the device’s indicator lights when you try to vape. If the lights are blinking, this section of the guide will explain what the error codes mean.
- If the lights flash five times, the Vaporesso XROS pod has an atomizer short, or its resistance is too low. In either case, you should clean the bottom of the pod and the inside of the device. Replace the pod if the issue persists.
- If the lights flash three times, the battery’s voltage is too low. Charge the battery.
- If the lights pulse three times – and the Vaporesso XROS does not allow you to vape – the device isn’t detecting the connected pod, or the pod’s resistance is too high. Clean the bottom of the pod and the inside of the device. Replace the pod if the issue persists.
- If the lights pulse three times after five seconds of vaping, you’ve exceeded the device’s built-in puff limiter. Reduce your puff duration to less than five seconds.