Geekvape L200: Review and Instruction Manual
With the release of the Aegis line of durable vaping devices, Geekvape had an instant hit on their hands. The Aegis devices were sturdier and higher in build quality than anything that anyone had seen before. They were true luxury vaping devices at affordable prices, and Geekvape’s commitment to quality quickly catapulted them to the top of the vaping industry. Now, you can find a Geekvape Aegis device in every style and size range – pod systems, mods with removable batteries, mods with permanent batteries and more.
The Geekvape L200 is the sequel to the Geekvape Aegis Legend mod. It’s the new flagship of the Aegis range, and it reaches a maximum power of 200 watts using two removable 18650 batteries. It has more than enough power to drive virtually any vape tank on the market, and it has the same durability that has made the Aegis brand famous throughout the vaping community.
This is our Geekvape L200 review. In it, we’ll describe our experience with this vape mod. We’ll also conclude the article with a brief Geekvape L200 instruction manual that will explain how to use this device and how to fix the problems that you might encounter with it.
Geekvape L200 Review
In this Geekvape L200 review, we’ll cover everything that you need to know about owning this device, from the build quality and performance to how it compares with the original Geekvape Aegis Legend. Let’s begin, however, with some basic information. What exactly is the Geekvape L200, and what’s included in the box?
Geekvape L200 Specifications and What’s Included
Here’s a bit of info that you can use to compare the Geekvape L200 to other vape kits that you might be considering. We’ll explain the specifications of the device, and we’ll also list what’s included in the package.
Specifications and Key Features
- Uses two removable 18650 batteries (not included)
- Maximum power of 200 watts
- Shock resistant
- IP68 dustproof and water resistant
- Full-color display
- Sliding lock switch
- Silicone charging port cover
- Geekvape L200 device
- Geekvape Z sub-ohm tank
- Two replacement coils (0.2 ohm and 0.25 ohm)
- Coil removal tool
- USB-C charging cable
- Replacement glass enclosure
- Spare parts package
- Instruction manual
Geekvape Aegis Legend vs. L200: What Are the Differences?
The original Geekvape Aegis Legend is still available at many vape shops. It may even cost less than the L200 in some cases. If you already own the Aegis Legend, is the L200 a worthy upgrade – and if you have a choice between the two, should you spring for the newer device? Here’s how the Geekvape Aegis Legend vs. L200 compare.
- The Geekvape L200 is 30 percent smaller and 15 percent lighter than its predecessor. The difference is definitely noticeable.
- The Geekvape L200 has a silicone charging port cover that helps to improve the device’s water resistance.
- The Geekvape L200 meets the IP68 standard for water and dust resistance. The Aegis Legend, on the other hand, meets the IP67 standard.
- The Geekvape L200 has a modernized appearance that’s really quite elegant. The Aegis Legend looks a bit clunky in comparison.
- The Geekvape L200 supports the faster USB-C charging standard.
- The Geekvape L200 has a slightly larger TFT screen that’s very bright and easy to read from any angle.
Design, Fit and Finish
We’re not going to mince words here; the Geekvape L200 is probably the best looking and best built vaping device that we’ve reviewed here at eCig One. We’ve used many, many devices over the years and haven’t encountered anything anywhere near this nice in quite a few years.
- All of the components fit together perfectly.
- The construction is extremely tight, and absolutely nothing rattles. This thing feels really solid in the hand.
- We have the black model with brown leather, and the overall appearance of the device is very sharp. The leather is stitched perfectly and shows no sign of degrading after three months of daily use.
It’s impossible to overemphasize how impressive the build quality of the Geekvape L200 really is. After three months of use, an attractive patina is beginning to form on the leather. Otherwise, the device looks and feels exactly the same as when it was originally removed from the box.
We’re also impressed with how solid the Geekvape L200 feels despite its small size. After thousands upon thousands of presses, the fire button feels exactly the same and doesn’t shift or rattle at all. The battery door is still tight. The threading is still completely smooth. It is perhaps the best machined 510 thread that we’ve ever encountered.
Other thoughts on the overall design of the Geekvape L200:
- The lock switch is a nice touch for those who like to carry their devices in their pockets. It’s recessed into the body of the device and doesn’t get in the way at all. It’s much easier to flip the switch than it is to press the fire button five times as you’d do with other devices.
- The Geekvape L200 feels absolutely stellar in the hand. It’s very small for a dual-battery device – as small as a mod with a built-in battery would have been just a year or two ago. The soft leather is a nice touch.
- We found absolutely no problems with the initial fit and finish of this device – zero – and no issues have developed during three months of constant use. The metal does a nice job of resisting scuffs, and the leather insert isn’t stretching or coming out at all.
- The rubberized bottom is another nice touch that should add some extra shock resistance if the device is dropped.
- The battery door is great. It’s easy to open and close, and it doesn’t pop open.
- The 510 threading is perfectly machined. It just seems to guide the tank in.
How Does the Geekvape L200 Perform?
Vaping chipsets have gotten so good in recent years that it sometimes feels as though there’s no reason to compare the performance of different devices. These days, many people are using mesh coil tanks, and they’re vaping at relatively low wattages. Any vaping device will have no trouble getting a mesh coil to fire instantly. With that in mind, many people aren’t upgrading their mods as often as they used to because there’s not going to be a leap in performance with the new device. Instead, people upgrade their mods because their old mods aren’t working correctly anymore or because they’re starting to look grungy.
With that being said, the Geekvape L200 performs exactly as you’d expect a modern vape mod to perform. Coils fire instantly when you press the fire button. If you’re the type of vaper who pays close attention to your device’s puff counter, you’ll like the fact that the fire button has the perfect level of tension and doesn’t register double presses as can sometimes be the case with the puff counters on other vape mods.
We also like the fact that the wattage on the Geekvape L200 advances in 0.5-watt increments instead of 0.1-watt increments as with other vaping devices. If you need your vape mod to operate at exactly 45.7 watts in order to deliver the experience you want, you might be disappointed by that. As for us, we’re delighted that the Geekvape L200 reaches the desired power level in a fraction of the time. We’re glad not to have to use a push-and-hold function that always undershoots or overshoots the desired wattage.
We will note that, over three months of use, the Geekvape L200 has rebooted twice unexpectedly. During a puff, the device simply shut down and restarted without displaying an error message. Although the behavior is odd, it doesn’t seem indicative of a major problem. This is the only issue that we have encountered with this device.
As for the performance of the included Geekvape Z tank – skip this tank unless you’re a die-hard aficionado of top-airflow tanks. We found the tank’s flavor and vapor production unimpressive, and the coils died much too quickly even with an unsweetened e-liquid containing no flavor except menthol. We weren’t particularly happy with the tank and tossed it after our initial supply of seven coils ran out.
Geekvape L200 Review: Final Thoughts
Before we proceed to our Geekvape L200 instruction manual, we’d like to share some final thoughts on this device. In our opinion, if you’re in the market for a dual-battery vape mod, this is definitely the one you should buy. It’s a pleasure to use, and our experience with this device over three months of everyday use suggests that you’re going to own this device for a long time before you’ll need to replace it.
Considering the unimpressive performance of the Geekvape Z tank, though, don’t be afraid to save a little money and buy a package including the Geekvape L200 device only. You’re not missing out on anything.
Geekvape L200 Instruction Manual
We’ll conclude our Geekvape L200 review with an instruction manual that we think you’ll find much more useful than the printed manual included with the device. Want to know how to use the Geekvape L200 or fix a problem with the device? We’ve got you covered.
How to Charge the Geekvape L200
To charge the Geekvape L200, locate the silicone charging port cover located just above the power button. Lift the charging port cover to expose the USB-C port and connect the device to your computer using the included charging cable. The Geekvape L200 has a very tight charging port, so you may need to wiggle the connector to get it inserted fully. When the device charges, you’ll see two animated battery icons at the top of the screen. When the icons are full and the animation stops, the batteries are fully charged.
How to Fill the Geekvape Z Tank
To fill the Geekvape Z tank, grasp the textured portion of the tank’s top hardware and turn it counterclockwise to remove it. Be careful when removing the tank’s lid because the airflow control ring tends to fall off when the lid is removed. Under the lid, you’ll see the tank’s filling hole positioned slightly to the side of the central airflow chimney. Add e-liquid through the hole and replace the tank’s lid.
How to Use the Geekvape L200
After inserting the batteries, charging the device and filling the tank, it’s time to start vaping. Press the fire button five times to turn the Geekvape L200 on. When the device turns on, it starts in wattage mode. Use the adjustment buttons below the screen to set the device’s power level to the low end of the suggested power range for your tank and hold the fire button to vape.
The Geekvape L200 is a flagship vape mod, and it has several vaping modes including power mode, temperature control mode, power curve mode and bypass mode. To switch between modes, press the fire button three times to enter the settings screen. While on the settings screen, press the adjustment buttons to switch between vaping modes. To confirm your selection, press and hold the fire button.
How to Replace the Geekvape Z Coil
To replace the coil in the Geekvape Z tank, remove the tank from the device and hold it upside down. Unscrew and remove the tank’s base. Under the tank’s base, you’ll see the base of the coil. Remove the coil using the coil removal tool or by prying the coil up with your fingernail.
Before installing a new coil, prime it by putting a little e-liquid on each of the white holes on the side of the coil. Send a little e-liquid down through the top of the coil as well. This primes the wick, which will help it become saturated with e-liquid more quickly. Push the coil into the tank’s chamber and replace the tank’s base. Fill the tank. Wait several minutes before vaping to give the coil sufficient time to absorb the e-liquid.
How to Fix Problems with the Geekvape L200
If your Geekvape L200 isn’t working as expected, we’re here to help. Here’s what the printed instruction manual doesn’t tell you about fixing the most common problems with the Geekvape L200.
Geekvape L200 Not Charging
If your Geekvape L200 isn’t charging, follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue.
- Make sure that the cable is pushed all the way into the device’s charging port. The Geekvape L200 has a very tight charging port.
- Connect the device to your computer. Don’t try to charge it with an external charger. In particular, don’t ever try to charge the Geekvape L200 with a high-speed charger for mobile devices. If you connect the device to a charger that doesn’t have the correct specifications, it may refuse to charge and could potentially overheat.
- Make sure that the batteries are installed in the correct orientation. Orient the battery terminals according to the icons on the battery door.
- Replace the USB-C cable. Every USB cable dies eventually, and you’ll probably go through several cables during your time owning the Geekvape L200.
Geekvape L200 Not Hitting
Is your Geekvape L200 not hitting when you press the fire button? Follow these steps to fix it.
- Check for an error message on the screen. If you see an error message, scroll down to find out what it means.
- Make sure that the device is turned on. You can turn the Geekvape L200 on and off by pressing the fire button five times.
- Make sure that the device isn’t locked by flipping the lock switch. The Geekvape L200 is locked if the switch is in the bottom position.
- Replace the tank’s coil. If the Geekvape L200 still isn’t hitting, try a different tank.
Geekvape L200 Tastes Burnt
If you get a burnt flavor when using the Geekvape L200, the most likely reason is that it’s simply time to replace the coil. Over time, the residue from your e-liquid creates a layer of coil gunk that robs the coil of its flavor. If you want your coils to last longer, switch to unsweetened e-liquid.
If you get a burnt flavor when using a new coil, it’s highly likely that you didn’t prime the coil when installing it and didn’t let the tank stand for a while after filling it. It’s important to wait until the wick is completely wet before you begin vaping with a new coil. Lower your device’s wattage and increase the power very gradually during the coil’s break-in period.
Geekvape L200 Error Messages
Is your Geekvape L200 displaying an error message? We’ve got the solution for you. Here are the different Geekvape L200 error messages and what they mean.
- Short Circuit: The resistance of the installed coil is lower than 0.08 ohm. Remove the tank and check the device’s threading for leaked e-liquid. Remove any liquid with a cotton swab. If the error message continues, replace the coil.
- High Resistance: The resistance of the installed coil is higher than 3.5 ohm. To fix this issue, follow the same steps as in the section above.
- Low Voltage: The batteries are dead. Charge the Geekvape L200.
- High Temperature: The internal temperature of the Geekvape L200 is too high, and the device has shut down to prevent overheating. Move the device to a cooler location and stop vaping for a while.
- No Atomizer: The Geekvape L200 doesn’t detect the connected atomizer coil. Check for leaked e-liquid and clean the device’s threading with a cotton swab. Remove the tank’s base and make sure that the coil is installed correctly. If the issue continues, replace the coil.
- Timeout: The Geekvape L200 has a 10 second puff limiter to prevent overheating. Keep your puffs shorter than 10 seconds.
- Locked: The Geekvape L200 is locked. Move the lock switch to the top position to unlock the device.