Vaping is one of the most popular ways to consume CBD. That’s because no other way of using CBD matches the high bioavailability and fast absorption of vaping. Most pre-filled and refillable CBD oil cartridges even use the standard 510 thread, which means that most cartridges will work with most vaping devices. There’s just one problem: When you have a tall, non-matching cartridge sticking out of the top of your vaping device, it’s not the most attractive thing in the world. Well, you can leave it to the brilliant manufacturers of the vaping industry to devise a solution for just about anything, and that’s exactly what Yocan has done with the new UNI Pro box mod. The Yocan UNI Pro is a variable-voltage box mod that physically adjusts to accommodate virtually any narrow vaping cartridge, and it is probably the best CBD vaping device on the market.
What Is the Yocan UNI Pro?
Yocan UNI Pro Features
- Fully adjustable compartment for cartridge
- Patent-protected design
- Supports most narrow 510-threaded cartridges and tanks
- Recessed cartridge compartment keeps the cartridge from sticking out of the top of the mod
- Internal 650 mAh battery
- Fully adjustable voltage in 0.1-volt increments
- Automatically preheats thick oils and waxes
The Yocan UNI Pro is a box mod with a power range of 2.0-4.2 volts and a built-in 650 mAh battery. It can accommodate virtually any vaping cartridge up to 14 mm in diameter. Using an entirely new – and patented – cartridge insertion system, the UNI Pro can actually raise and lower your cartridge to ensure that you can reach the mouthpiece. The UNI Pro also has a width adjustment dial to ensure that your cartridge fits snugly. Because Yocan thought of everything with this device, the UNI Pro even has a window on the side that allows you to see how much oil remains in your cartridge.
No matter what type of vaping cartridge you use with the Yocan UNI Pro, you can be assured that it’ll look great – and since you can adjust the device’s wattage, you’ll never have to worry about burning out a cartridge or getting subpar vapor production.
One Device for All Forms of CBD and E-Liquid Vaping
CBD vaping doesn’t mean the same thing to everyone. The three most common forms of CBD cartridges that you’ll find are:
- Cartridges for CBD e-liquid diluted with propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin. This is essentially the same type of e-liquid that you’d use for nicotine replacement, except CBD e-liquid contains CBD rather than nicotine. You can put bottled CBD e-liquid in any e-liquid cartridge or tank. It’s also common to find pre-filled CBD e-liquid cartridges. The Yocan UNI Pro also works with narrow cartridges and tanks designed for nicotine e-liquid; just remember that the tank should be no more than 14 mm in diameter.
- Cartridges for CBD oil. Oil is much thicker than e-liquid, so it requires a cartridge designed to handle oils. CBD oil cartridges often use porous ceramic wicks that are both highly permeable and resistant to burning and scorching. Although you can find refillable cartridges designed to work with CBD oil, it’s even more common to find pre-filled CBD oil cartridges. Some cartridges even have added terpenes designed to mimic the terpene profiles of popular cannabis strains.
- Cartridges for CBD concentrates. CBD concentrate is a thick substance that can be either very waxy or very oily depending on the origin and production method. In most cases, cartridges for CBD concentrates do not come pre-filled. To use a cartridge for CBD concentrates, you’ll remove the mouthpiece from the cartridge to expose the atomizer coil and wick. You’ll then place the oil or wax directly on the atomizer coil and heat the coil gently to melt the material and get it to soak into the wick.
The Yocan UNI Pro is brilliant because it works with all three of the above cartridge types – and the best part is that the UNI Pro can also continue to accommodate your needs in the future as different types of CBD vaping cartridges are released. Since you can adjust the width and height of the cartridge chamber – and you can also adjust the device’s voltage to provide the correct power level for any type of cartridge – there’s no reason why you can’t continue using the device for years.
Preheating Function for CBD Concentrates
One of the most exciting aspects of the Yocan UNI Pro is that it isn’t just a device for on-demand vaping – it’s also great for session vaping. You can use the device’s automatic coil preheating function to soften a CBD concentrate until your cartridge’s wick is fully saturated. To activate the device’s preheating mode, just press the fire button twice quickly. This activates a low-voltage preheating function that lasts 10 seconds – just long enough to liquify the wax without vaporizing the CBD. The preheating function ends automatically, after which time you can vape simply by inhaling while holding the fire button.
Using the Yocan UNI Pro
Using the Yocan UNI Pro is an absolute breeze. When you’re connecting a new cartridge, you’ll find the device’s adjustment controls on the side opposite the fire button. Push the lower switch all the way up and twist the dial near the top of the device to raise the threading and widen the cartridge opening fully. Connect your cartridge to the threading and push the switch down until only the cartridge’s mouthpiece extends from the top of the device. Twist the top dial to secure the cartridge in place, and you’re ready to vape.
If you’re using a new cartridge for the first time, we recommend starting the Yocan UNI Pro at the low end of its voltage range to avoid the possibility of burning your cartridge’s wick. Take a test puff and increase the device’s wattage gradually if you want warmer, denser vapor clouds.
As we mentioned earlier in the article, the Yocan UNI Pro can accommodate just about any CBD cartridge or e-liquid tank that’ll fit through the device’s 14 mm opening. The one thing the device won’t do, though, is work with a sub-ohm tank for extreme cloud chasing. The device’s minimum atomizer coil resistance is 0.5 ohm. Connect a cartridge with a lower resistance than that, and it’ll display a message indicating that the coil has a short circuit.